Company Logo Shirts Available Once You Pick the Perfect Logo!
Are you a start-up company or small business that has yet to settle on a great logo design? No worries! The experts here at Fully Promoted Davie understand what a good logo is all about and can help you learn a bit more about how to make the right choice. Know a great way to celebrate the birth of your company’s logo? Try custom company logo shirts! We also offer wholesale t shirts Miami businesses go crazy for, and we can provide the same for you. Let’s talk about graphic design.
How to Pick the Right LogoA logo is arguably the most important component of your business’ branding. You want something that not only catches the eye of a potential client or customer, but also encompasses what your brand is all about. An expert graphic designer can give you a stellar design to work with, but if you’re a start-up, you may not have the budget for that just yet, so it’s a good idea to get some info on the basics of good design.
When it comes to font choices, there are a few dos and don’ts you’ll want to keep in mind. Let’s talk about them.
- Ever hear of Times New Roman? The dreaded high-school font of choice for every essay ever? Here’s an example of what that looks like. Notice those little pointy-bits at the ends of each letter? Those are serifs, and they create classic feel to your fonts. These can be great for academic or traditional brand, but can also feel outdated by today’s audience.
Sans Serif Fonts
- If serif fonts are the ones that have those little pointy ends to each letter, then sans serifs are fonts without them, just like the font of this blog! They’re more modern, feel younger, and are often associated with technology. They’re clean and simple, but it can also be a little challenging to stand out.
- A script font can look elegant and beautiful! Except they can also be incredibly difficult to read, which is kinda the point of having words in your logo, right? Not all script fonts are as difficult to read, as they can basically be anything with a hand-written aesthetic, but there’s a fine line that’s easy to cross. You might find these fonts nice for more femanine brands, or somewhere like Hallmark. Hallmark does a script font right, but if you’re worried about choosing the wrong one, just stick to serifs or sans serifs.
- Everyone wants to stand out, which is what makes decorative fonts appealing. Because who doesn’t love fun fonts, right? They’re loud; they’re proud, and they have personality. A good rule of thumb with choosing a decorative font is don’t use them. Ever. Yeah, it’s harsh, but the problem is almost none of them will age well. They aren’t timeless, and relying on a decorative font for your brand can put a figurative lifespan on your brand as a result. Once that font goes out of style, so will you.
- Serif Fonts
- When it comes to font choices, there are a few dos and don’ts you’ll want to keep in mind. Let’s talk about them.
- Ever hear of color theory? Different colors create different emotions and feelings in people, and many of us have probably heard about this before, but what do they all mean? Most of us are familiar with red, blue, green, yellow, orange, and purple, but there’s also cyan and magenta.
- Warm colors, for example, are often used in food brands, like reds, oranges, yellows, and vibrant greens. Then, you also need to take into account shades and tints, such as the extremes like white and black, or the color contrasts like pink or navy blue. Pastels can have soft, delicate feels while darker colors can demand attention. Then you also have to think about color combinations, like how red and green makes people think about Christmas.
- In truth, there are textbooks-worth of content on color theory, but a good rule of thumb is to do your research on similar brands to yours. See what kind of colors others use, and rely on that as a source of inspiration.